An Urgent message from Ged Kearney, Australian Unions:
Tony Abbott is trying to rush through laws that introduce new unfair individual contracts that cut take home pay, give more power to employers in bargaining and make it harder for workers to access their union. But to do all this he needs the crucial votes of at least six cross-bench senators.
We can stop Abbott’s attack dead in its tracks if just three cross-bench senators vote against the bill. It looks like the vote will take place this Wednesday so we need to act fast and we need everyone to play their part.
Click here to ask the cross-bench senators to vote against Tony Abbott’s unfair anti-worker amendments:
Tony Abbott’s new laws bring back some of the worst parts of Workchoices. Among other things, the bill:
- Reintroduces unfair individual contracts that can cut take home pay including weekend and penalty rates
- Gives employers a veto over industrial action.
- Allows employers to not pay-out some annual leave if you’re sacked or leave a job.
- Gives mining and construction employers a special deal that allows them to write their own Enterprise Agreements.
- Reduces the rights of workers to talk to their union at work if they need help.
These laws are part of the Abbott attack on the Australian way of life. Let’s make sure that the cross-bench senators know this.
Click here and ask the senators to vote against Tony Abbott’s horrible laws:
We’ve shown before that by standing together we can help put the brakes on Tony Abbott’s radical and unfair agenda. It is going to take a big effort to knock off these laws but, together, I think we have it in us.
Let’s get one over Tony Abbott and his radical anti-worker agenda.
Many thanks —